The company was founded in 1955 by the Danish dairies organisation and the first name was Mejeribrugets Emballagefabrik amba. 10 years later in 1965 the name was changed to Danapak.
It started with aquiring Jyderup Sawmill who made lur – marked staves for butter caskets.
In the following years the company developed into a wide ranging packaging group with products within flexible packaging, cartons, plastics and corrugated board.
In 1959 the production of lur – marked parchment is aquired. The factory in Slagelse was started in 1978 and since then factory has developed in stages. The latest extention took place in 1999. Today the factory has significant expertise within co-extrusion, lamination and gravure printing.
The factory in Horsens was aquiried from the family company August Laursen in 1989.
The factory in Odense “Nordfoil – Odense Flexibel” was aquiried in 1991. In 1999 the production was transferred to the other factories – primarily Slagelse. The Odense office was eventually closed in 2007.
A joint-venture between Danapak A/S and Austrian Constantia Packaging was dissolved 1. April 2009.
In 2016, Danapak Flexibles A/S decides to close the factory in Horsens and transfer all activities to the Slagelse factory.
The company is today 100% owned by Schur Flexibles Group.